Intra Uterine Insemination (IUI) is the most simple form of fertility treatment at our clinic. Insemination can be done using sperm from your partner (IUI-H) or from a donor (IUI-D).
Insemination with partners sperm is used for:
- Couples with unexplained infertility
- Couples where the male's sperm count is slightly to moderately below normal
- Couples where the female has irregular menstruation cycle, and thus irregular or no spontaneous ovulation.
Insemination with donor sperm is used for:
- Lesbian couples
- Couples where the male's sperm count is not sufficient for fertility treatment.
Freya Fertility is located in Herning, the heart of Jutland.
We offer our services to couples and singles, who need help getting pregnant.
We have clients from all over Jutland, Funen, Germany, Norway and Sweden.
What is insemination and why does the pregnancy rate increase?
The main reasons why the pregnancy rate increases with insemination:
- A mild hormone stimulation allows 2-3 oocytes to mature. Without hormone stimulation normally only 1 oocyte matures. For women without a male partner, the first insemination will often be performed in a natural cycle, where in general only one oocyte will mature.
- The time of ovulation and insemination is coordinated so that we optimize the chance, that the oocyte and the sperm will meet.
- The sperm is injected into the uterus, to make sure that a larger number of sperm will reach the oocyte, than if the sperm should swim all the way.
A precondition for insemination resulting in pregnancy is, that there is free passage in the female's tubes. An examination of the passage in the tubes (HSU - Hystero Salpingo Ultrasonography) can therefore be indicated before the insemination.